Awards and accreditations
Memberships, accreditations and awards
We are proud supporters of tourism and kayaking in Australia having joined, achieved or been honoured with the following memberships, accreditations and awards.
Our Membership – Paddle Australia
Paddle Australia is the national governing body responsible for the management, co-ordination development and promotion of paddling in Australia.
Members — PaddleNSW
PaddleNSW is the state organisation for all paddlesports and recreational paddling in NSW and the ACT. Empowering the NSW paddling community to care for and improve our environment they bring together paddlers and environmental groups to care for the rivers, oceans and lakes that we paddle on.
Quality Tourism Accredited Business
Australian Tourism Accreditation certifies tourism businesses that meet specific quality assurance criteria, ensuring they are committed to exceeding consumer expectations with great customer service and the highest standards of business practices.
Sydney by Kayak have reached Level 2—Sustainable Tourism accreditation and also hold Eco Star accreditation.
- 2021 NSW Tourism Award—Bronze winners for Ecotourism2021 Northshore Local Business Award—Winner Outstanding Specialised Business
- 2021 Local Business Awards—Winner Business Person of the Year (Laura Stone, co-founder)
- 2021 North Sydney Council Better Business Partnership Sustainability Awards—runners up
- 2020 NSW Kayak Instructor of the Year (Laura Stone, co-founder)
- 2020 Trip Advisor Travellers Choice
- 2019 NSW Tourism Award—Silver winners for Ecotourism
- 2017 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- 2020 Northshore Local Business Award—Outstanding Specialised Business